Hey, my loves! You’ve fallen down the rabbit hole to my blog, welcome!
I’m Katy Dodds – a 21-year-old blogger, traveller, feminist and mental health advocate. I’ve started my third year of university in September after a years hiatus. Once again, I’m far from the tiny town I grew up in. I hope to update this blog as often as possible and I’m sorry if things are slow-going, but I have a pretty hectic schedule. I like to think the blog will be witty and helpful – mostly it will be full of posts about my lifestyle, mental health, (hopefully) empowering feminist rants, and positivity. It will be a range of things from the funny and pathetic attempts of trying to be adult, managing my mental illnesses, embracing my womanhood by talking about puberty, periods and sex, and hopefully a little advice about how to take on the big bad world.
Personally, I have wanted to be a writer since primary school – when I stood up in front of my Year One class and defined the word ‘smote’ in front of the class without prompt. Through the years, I’ve wanted to be a marine biologist, an Olympic gymnast, an illustrator, a West End singer and a child and forensic psychologist, but I have always been passionate about writing. I was immersed in books in high school and wrote stories for my friends. In Sixth Form, I pursued History, Psychology and English Literature: I was eager to learn from the past (especially the history of civil rights and grass movements), to understand how people think and behave, and to be inspired and feel. I got accepted into Bournemouth University and am now studying for a BA Hons in Scriptwriting for Film and Television.
This blog started out as a creative outlet and way to hone my writing skills in my spare time but has morphed into something much bigger and tremendously exciting. There are so many things I have planned for its development (as a brand and more) and I hope you’ll get involved and engage in my posts and on social media.
A bit more about me
- Zodiac sign: Scorpio
- Favourite Film: Denial or Spotlight
- Current TV Watch: BBC’s Press and Discovery of Witches
- Favourite Re-runs: Charmed or Ghost Whisperer
- Currently Reading: Killing Eve – Luke Jennings
- Favourite Song: Back To You – Selena Gomez
- Favourite Food: Zizzi’s Vegan Zucca Pizza or Tesco’s Salt and Vinegar Twirls
- Relationship Status: Single
- Pets: 2 Rabbits – Snicket and Eliot, (does my sister count?)
- Favourite Animal: Sloths or Dogs
- Woman Crushes: Stacey Dooley, Jodie Whittaker and (ALWAYS) Jenna Coleman
- Male Crushes: Matthew Goode, Jeremy Irvine, and Matthew Gray Gubler
If you have any more questions about me, find out how to contact me here.